Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On 02/27/2011 03:05 PM, Han wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In , Han
wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
- september.org:

And how do you propose to do that?

Real penalties for offenders.

In other words, enforcement of existing laws?

Re-instatement of rules that (IMNSHO) were
imprudently canceled, and enforcement of existing rules. Those rules
should also govern gun shows, and private transactions.

And how do you propose to guarantee that the rules are followed in
private transactions? Remember that -- by definition -- criminals are
people who don't obey the law. So what mechanism do you propose that
would ensure that criminals would abide by whatever new laws you might
instate?

The law says that you have to obey. As far as I know, even the excuse
"I didn't know that was the law" isn't a valid excuse. Don't you get a
ticket when going 75 mph in a 55 mph zone even if you didn't see the
sign?

Just make the penalty good enough for people to start paying attention.
Sheesh.

The "law" also says it is illegal to enter the country without permission.

Sheesh indeed!