Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry[_7_] Larry[_7_] is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

Han wrote in
:

Larry wrote in
:

Sure there is, if for no other reason, because I *want*
one. You can't seem to get a grasp of it, the problem is
the criminals. If you feel otherwise there are plently of
places in the world for you to live that have strict gun
control if that makes you more comfortable. Stop trying to
change one of the fundamental principles the country was
founded on.

Larry, I don't accept wanting to have such a magazine as a
valid reason. In my really seriously considered opinion it
is irresponsible to even think that, let alone state it.
To me it is the same as saying I want to have the recipe
and the ingredients for making a nuclear device.

There is nothing irresponsible about it. I'm a law obeying,
mentally stable person, with no criminal record. There's no
good reason why I shouldn't be able to own one. Where do you
draw the line? We've already established that you think 33 is
too many rounds. Is 20, 10, or maybe even 5 too many? Who gets
to judge that? Maybe you even think 1 is enough.

What happens in the middle of the night if 2 armed intruders
are attempting to illegally enter my residence. You're then
telling me that my most basic right, the right to defend
myself and family, is null and void because *you* think there
is no reason I should own a high capacity magazine.

I can understand a person not wanting to own a firearm. That
is their right and I respect that. But as long as I'm a law
obeying citizen I don't see many limits I would want to
enforce.

The supreme court has ruled in several cases that law
enforcement has no responsibility to protect a citizen. That
leaves the responsibility squarely in your lap. If you choose
not to exercise your rights as a citizen, you do so willingly.
Me, I'm not up for a fight. I'm going to give myself every
chance I can to survive if the need ever arises.

Just like the other thread, we'll never agree and I don't
expect us to.

Larry