Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

Bill wrote in :

Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 27, 2:41 pm, "Mike
wrote:

I realize that - but you kept repeating that as if the size of the
magazine really means anything. Take it out of the picture and any
shooter could just as easily stick 3 ten round magazines in his
pocket. It takes a second or two to pop one and insert the new one.
Though it sounds like a 30 round magazine actually means something,
it really doesn't.

What justification could there ever be for a 30 round mag?

a) Lousy shot?

b) "Necessary" because the threat is _that_ ominous? (Which would
make me think that another choice of weapon might be better?)

c) Some guy decided to manufacture those 30 round mags because he
knew some idiot would feel the need to buy one?

Seriously... why? Wouldn't it be better to pack TWO Glocks and hold
them sideways when firing after you've turned your ballcap around
90°? Maybe a 30-round mag is a fashion statement to the romanticized
gangbangers?

Personally, if I can't eliminate a threat in 10 rounds, why would I
even bother to carry a gun?

Multiple threats? That click and the time to reload could cost ya...

I walk across Manhattan unarmed. Some of you might think I'm crazy. I
think you are crazy if you let yourself get in a situation where you
would have needed a serious machine gun to get out of it. It's all
situational, and your opinionis just as valid as mine. Just YOU make
sure I never have to confront a loony with serious armaments.

--
Best regards
Han