Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve[_52_] Steve[_52_] is offline

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

On 2011-02-26 01:13:49 -0500, Bill said:

I have a Rockler and Woodcraft within driving distance. I think
Rockler's prices are often about 25% more than Woodcraft's--which helps
them complensate for all of those 20%-off coupons they send out every
week. I'd rather they not sent the coupons, and just adjusted their
pricing. Like some other posters here, I'm getting impatient with
pricing "games".

Bill in IN.

Odd -- we're talking about the same stores, but my perception is the
reverse. Starting buying primarily at Woodcraft, now generally shop
Rockler.

Woodcraft does have better depth in turning chisels (i.e., more than
just Sorby), including a decent house brand.