Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Tax (was Ron Hickman dies)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:27:44 +0000, John Rumm

Capital gains is the worst aspect. the income is not too hard.

Trying to woprk outm, which, of many rferwent buy/sell episodes of
differing stock block sizes, constitutes a gain or loss is ..challenging.

When frequent trading was costing me more in accountants fees than it
made, I stopped.. Now it's just ' buy a block, hold, sell a block' as
opportunities arise, or buy and hold a block for several years..

Doing it inside a self select ISA takes away all of the CGT related pain...

Ditto.