Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gary[_11_] Gary[_11_] is offline

Default Battery charger

On 27/02/2011 21:48, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Feb 27, 2:43 am, wrote:
I saw an advert for a battery charger that claims to charge ordinary
batteries - primary cells. The specific ones shown in the ad were Duracells.
Are these chargers any good, or are they a waste of money?

Compared to what? Compared to NiMH, they're not a good choice.

I used to recharge alkaline D cells years ago (commuting bike lights)
and it was a great improvement on what else was available at the time.
However NiMH have got so much cheaper since that there's no longer any
advantage to it.

Use a good intelligent charger though: Aldi, £13

I have the innovations charger and it is good. It will charge all
rechargeable and non rechargeable bats. Some better than others but then
if the normal battery wont recharge you have lost nothing as it was
flat anyway.

Gary