Posted to sci.electronics.repair
boardjunkie1 boardjunkie1 is offline

Default Adding RGB input to Sony Trinitron

On Feb 27, 11:54*am, boardjunkie1 wrote:
On Feb 27, 5:55*am, Adrian C wrote:

On 26/02/2011 20:27, boardjunkie1 wrote:

On Feb 26, 3:05 pm, Adrian *wrote:
I can see a good place to tap in H sync (after the seperator), but I
don't see any reference to V sync. I see the output IC, but its a PITA
to trace it back.

There is a training manual for the BA-4 chassis here. I know yours is
BA-4D but just skip over for that for now.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3507921/So...ual-Chassi-BA4

On page 70 at the bottom V & H pulses are shown as inputs to IC001
MICRO, which on your BA-4D set for V looks like Pin 2 of that chip
(I-VPN). It is fed from Pin 5 (VTIM - vertical timing?) of IC301 chroma
jumgle chip - but needn't be I wonder?

Also, there is another set of RGB inputs on the jungle chip that are
tied to the supply line via caps. Maybe this is where the Euro
versions inject RGB via the scart input?

The jungle chip is a CXA2061S, it's a 'Y/C/RGB/D for NTSC Color TVs.

CXA2061S Datasheet http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...y/a6802306.pdf

And there is a further manual here for your BA-4D chassishttp://www.scribd.com/doc/8264534/sony-BA4D-

HTH!

--
Adrian C

Excellent info! Thanks....- Hide quoted text -

Ok, I've been looking at the datasheet for the jungle chip and it
appears I can use the set of unused RGB inputs. I'm a little foggy
about the select line tho (YS1). They left it floating, so to select
that set of inputs what is it looking for? Just a logic level H or L?