Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

Han wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

I think this is the third or fourth time I've seen you make reference
to 33 round magazines. Why the continued reference to them? Most
gun owners - legal and illegal, do not own or use such things. It
may not be your attempt, but when I see that kind of reference
repeatedly, as I've seen in your recent comments, it strikes me that
you are trying to rely more on sensationalism than on a factual
position. Or - more than on a simple opinion, even.

I can't imagine you didn't know that the Tucson shooter had 33-round
(or was it 31-round?) magazines. There is absolutely no reason for a
"regular" citizen to have such things.

I realize that - but you kept repeating that as if the size of the magazine
really means anything. Take it out of the picture and any shooter could
just as easily stick 3 ten round magazines in his pocket. It takes a second
or two to pop one and insert the new one. Though it sounds like a 30 round
magazine actually means something, it really doesn't.

As for the reasons - that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to
that opinion. There are however, all sorts of legitimate reasons why a
private citizen might want to own one. None of those reasons need to have
anything to do with killing people.

--

-Mike-