Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On 2/27/2011 8:52 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
In articlew5Cdnd0JDs0i_ffQnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@giganews. com, wrote:

In Texas for 2009 (according to taxfoundation.org) the total federal,
state and local tax rate paid on a per capita income of $40,498 was
22.9%. (15% federal, 7.9% state and local)

And I'll bet that takes into account *only* direct taxes on income, and leaves
out...

You would be right ... AFAICT the figures were limited to state, local,
federal tax rates.

Of course, some of the local and state can possibly be deducted from
federal, but they still must first be paid, in almost all cases, out of
"after federal tax income".

Personally, I could give a rat's ass what other countries do with regard
to taxes. Anything more than 10% of my hard earned income to any
government entity is too damn much, regardless.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010