Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

In article , Han wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 27 Feb 2011 00:37:50 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry, I said:

Now personally, I'm really in favor of limiting guns and ammo ...

The fact that people get killed because unstable persons can get hold
of guns and VAST supplies of ammo this easily is proof that LIMITING
should work.

Han, limiting legal guns has no effect on the number of guns in
criminal hands. You can buy a black market gun on many streetcorners
in any large city, and in most small ones. Your gun bans would only
limit the number of _defensive_ weapons in law-abiding citizens'
hands. It would encourage the criminals to commit more crime. Christ,
look at Great Britain for a perfect example. With no guns, their crime
rate is far higher than ours now.

False logic, Larry. If that idiot had been unable to buy a gun, or even
unable to buy a 33-round magazine, there would have been far less
slaughter. Can't you see that? If someone has a legitimate reason for
buying a weapon, I'll let him or her. I just would like to make it more
difficult for idiots to buy lethality.

And how do you propose to do that?