Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On 2/27/2011 7:38 AM, Larry wrote:
wrote in
m:

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

J. wrote:

: A despot wouldn't _dare_ try to get away with the taxes
: we pay.

Eh? The US has the second lowest taxes of all developed
nations in the world. And our taxes right now are lower
that they've been since the late 1940s-early 1950s.

Sure, but they're convinced they're being taxed at
breathtaking rates because the politicians in a certain
party tell them that every chance they get.

If you think we're not paying enough you're free to donate
more to the system if you like. Myself, I'm confident that I'm
paying my fair share when nearly 1/2 of my wages go to some
form of tax. And I don't need a politician to tell me
either...

In Texas for 2009 (according to taxfoundation.org) the total federal,
state and local tax rate paid on a per capita income of $40,498 was
22.9%. (15% federal, 7.9% state and local)

While Texas ranked about 43 in states, in my book, that is still more
than enough tax burden to be ****ed about.

What's even more aggravating is the condescending attitude/use of the
third-person, personal pronoun (as if themselves are somehow above
"they") of those on the public tit (notice your respondents .edu email
address).

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010