Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Mounted the knee motor

Ignoramus31412 wrote:

On 2011-02-27, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15145 wrote:

I also need to route power and encoder
cable, which is also a pain due to needing to drill an extra hole in
the enclosure. I am afraid that drilling chips may short some piece of
electronics.

HF sells a hydraulic punch/driver set that can be had for ~$70 or so on
sale / coupon. You still need to drill a pilot hole for the punch driver
and can use clay, magnets or a shop vac to catch chips from that, but
after that you can punch nice clean holes up through 2"+ size with ease.
I've used the $800+ Greenlee hydraulic punch drivers and the HF one
works just as well.

Pete, which HF item number are you referring to? I will definitely get
it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hydraul...kit-96718.html

Also recommended is:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hydraul...ool-66150.html

I'll note on the crimper that the dies are simple rectangles of steel
with locating pins threaded into the back and both halves of the die set
are identical, making it very easy to make your own custom dies.