Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Adding RGB input to Sony Trinitron

On Feb 26, 9:14*am, boardjunkie1 wrote:
I picked up a flat face Trinitron yesterday for peanuts. I plan to use
this as an arcade game monitor (in a MAME setup) and need RGB and
seperate sync inputs.

From the schem, I see the "jungle" chip has RGB outputs, so I assume I
can insert the color gun signals here. What signal level is it wanting
to see here? .7v? Also, I need to keep the OSD for setup and
adjustments, so will this be the best option?

The schem is hehttp://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...FV10%20%20part...

I can see a good place to tap in H sync (after the seperator), but I
don't see any reference to V sync. I see the output IC, but its a PITA
to trace it back.

Suggestions?

First and foremost. Is the video signal you want to insert the same H
and V rate as the TV? TVs are not like computer monitors having
multiple line and frame rates. If the rates don't match it will not
work. Period. If they are the same rate, you'll have to get signal
levels and DC offsets to match. This may require DC restoration
amplifiers. Do you know how to build those? This isn't a beginners
project and it may be cheaper time and money wise to get the right
monitor for the job.