Posted to rec.woodworking
timdrouillard timdrouillard is offline

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

No I have not actually used one yet. All the reviews I've read rate it quite
highly. I don't recall any of the reviewers mentioning anything about having
a problem with seeing the cut line nor the blade, but I'll be on the lookout
for it now.
The biggest complaint I've heard it with regards to the price.

Thanks.

"Leon" wrote in message

"TimDrouillard" wrote in message
I thought about going with the barrel grip version, and maybe if they have
both when I go back I'll take a look at the barrel version, but for some
reason I'm inclined to stay with the D-handle type because that's what I've
had for many years..

I'm just a amateur woodworker. I've had a d-handle Bosch for a number of
years that I like except for the blade holding mechanism. It's the style
that you turn the top handle to change the blade.

"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Feb 26, 4:27 pm, "TimDrouillard" wrote:
No, that's the PS 300 barrel grip jigsaw, I'm after the PSB 300 D-handle
version.

I'm a barrel-grip guy. I find I'm more accurate with it and it works
better for me in awkward (upside-down) situations.
I do have both. A german made Milwaukee and a Bosch barrel grip.
Neither has any serious dust collection.

Have you used the Festool jig saw? I have no doubt that it is an excellent
tool however I was talking to a wood worker that apparently had all the
Festool stuff and he was a bit miffed with the jig saw. Apparently it is a
bit difficult to see your cut line and the blade. Something to consider.