Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Five dolaar ObamaGas by summer $5

"Ignoramus15145" wrote in message
Guys, can someone educate me a bit. I thought that imported oil was
used for vehicle fuel or chemical industry, but not for burning in
power plants. Am I mistaken?

Only a tiny portion of oil is used for generating electricity -- 1% in 2009.
It was 18% in 1973:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/energy_in_bri..._and_users.cfm

In any case, personally, I do not see alternatives to nuclear
power. Other countries have long solver used fuel disposal problems.

I don't see any alternatives, either. However, no country has solved its
problems with the disposal of spent fuel. Some just pretend it will go away.
The French seem to be comfortable with rather large amounts of plutonium
sloshing around their energy/industrial system, which exchanges one problem
for another.

They're developing a fast breeder, they say, which produces something other
than plutonium. Good luck to them.

--
Ed Huntress