Posted to sci.electronics.repair
boardjunkie1 boardjunkie1 is offline

Default Adding RGB input to Sony Trinitron

On Feb 26, 3:05*pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 26/02/2011 17:14, boardjunkie1 wrote:

I picked up a flat face Trinitron yesterday for peanuts. I plan to use
this as an arcade game monitor (in a MAME setup) and need RGB and
seperate sync inputs.

*From the schem, I see the "jungle" chip has RGB outputs, so I assume I
can insert the color gun signals here. What signal level is it wanting
to see here? .7v? Also, I need to keep the OSD for setup and
adjustments, so will this be the best option?

The schem is he
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...FV10%20%20part...

I can see a good place to tap in H sync (after the seperator), but I
don't see any reference to V sync. I see the output IC, but its a PITA
to trace it back.

Suggestions?

You might find something useful here.

http://133fsb.wordpress.com/2010/05/...put-to-a-cheap...

--
Adrian C- Hide quoted text -

I saw that, but it looks as if he's using the OSD as the input point.
I'd rather not do that since I will need the OSD for setup.

Also, there is another set of RGB inputs on the jungle chip that are
tied to the supply line via caps. Maybe this is where the Euro
versions inject RGB via the scart input?