Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

In article ,
says...

dhall987 wrote:
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:27:59 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Third, the Constitution says whatever the Supreme Court says it
does, that's why a couple of recent cases have recognized that the
2nd Amendment protects an individual right to own firearms to the
dismay of all those folks who disagree. So until the court rules
there shouldn't be a federal Dept. of Education, there will be one,
and anyone who disagrees is welcome to vote for the party that is
currently trying to strip funding from any government agency that
has inconvenienced the corporate sponsors of that party.

So I take it from this that you actually WANT to be ruled by a
dictatorship of 9 old people appointed for life?

Um, yeah, I guess. What's the alternative? Nine young people appointed for
life? Nine old people appointed for two years? Six old people appointed for
life?

Still, the best form of government is a benevolent despot.

Second best is probably what we've got.

A despot wouldn't _dare_ try to get away with the taxes we pay.