Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

dhall987 wrote in
:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:27:59 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:
Third, the Constitution says whatever the Supreme Court says it does,
that's why a couple of recent cases have recognized that the 2nd
Amendment protects an individual right to own firearms to the dismay
of all those folks who disagree. So until the court rules there
shouldn't be a federal Dept. of Education, there will be one, and
anyone who disagrees is welcome to vote for the party that is
currently trying to strip funding from any government agency that has
inconvenienced the corporate sponsors of that party.

So I take it from this that you actually WANT to be ruled by a
dictatorship of 9 old people appointed for life?

I believe the Constitution is the supreme law. Whatever Congress enacts
is the law as long as it doesn't conflict with the Constitution.
President appoints Supremes with the consent of the Senate, so all in all
pretty balanced, but still subject to new laws and especially laws'
interpretation. And in my not so humble opinion, that's as it should be.
Now personally, I'm really in favor of limiting guns and ammo ...

--
Best regards
Han