Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chapter 3 - The Two-Way Street

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 14:20:08 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

In , on Sat, 26 Feb 2011
12:35:41 -0800, Larry Jaques, wrote:

So plant some of the 19 y/o seeds, collect seeds from the new
planting, and retun those to your collection. Easy peasy.

That's the plan for a select few, but...

Some are tree seeds, requiring years to produce new
seed.

And should have been started ears ago.

Many aren't suitable for the climate we presently
find ourselves in.

This proves to be a definite problem, unless you have a conservatory
[where Nancy (BettyJo Bialoski/Audrey Farber) studies trees.]

Some would cross-pollinate, thereby producing mystery
seed.

Which means that you'd have to buy the grafted plant again to get the
same hybrid.

Some are even hybrids that won't produce true seed.
(I really should just automatically dispose of those.)

Correct.

My wife would probably be happy if I just tossed
all of them, and started over with just what we want
to plant this year.

What are the seeds for? Got a list?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London