Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

On 2/26/11 8:38 AM, Doug White wrote:
wrote in -
september.org:

I walk out of stores that don't display prices.
Whether it's wood, tools, or beer... I will not buy from a place that
doesn't have prices near or on the merch.

In some states, it's illegal not to post prices at least next to an item.
It used to be everything had to have the price clearly marked on the item,
but inflation made that problematic for some places. As long as you turn
over your mechandise faster than the prices go up, it's not such a big
deal.

As long as there's a tag on the shelf, I don't see why every item needs
marked. I know there are still states with that antiquated law, but bar
codes kind of did away with that need.

Unless I REALLY need a specific item, I generally avoid stuff that isn't
priced. I also try to arrive at a store with a good idea of what the going
rate is.

How many times do we go to a store knowing exactly what we need and how
many times do we go in thinking, "there are several ways I can do what I
need to do, let me find the cheapest?" If I have to take a salesman (or
catalog) around the store with me, I'm outta there.

I'm certainly not going to buy an expensive power tool without
shopping around first, even if I decide to pick it up at a local store.

Doug White

My smart-phone has revolutionized my shopping experience. I just scan
the barcode and it googles the product to show me all the prices on the
internet and other local stores.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)