Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote
Yep, there are a lot of websites out there that offer all kinds of
information EXCEPT prices. I leave them immediately. I spend enormous
amount of time on the web, both at work and at home. I don't have time to
talk to shiny shoed salesman.

Same with all those sites who want me to "register". If I have to
register to find out about your product or service, you must be selling
crap. Or be a crook.

Honest people who offer good products and service don't have to conduct
themselves like con men.

The only time no price is acceptable is when the manufacturer shows items
that will vary considerably by retailer, generally low end items. Even
major appliances show the "list" price so you have a starting point to talk
to the local retailers.

As for Festool, I wonder if they think asking will start a dialog with the
salesperson and eventually a sale. I've usually done my homework before
hitting the store so I know if I want to even look at an item before I get
there. With $100 in my pocket, no amount of interaction with a salesdude
will get me to buy a $400 sander.