Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Current best practice for roof vents?

On Feb 25, 10:27*pm, mm wrote:
On 25 Feb 2011 15:24:28 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

Guy wrote:

The worst heat happens when there is no wind. *If there is no wind, your
wind-powered vents will not turn, and the temperature in your attic will
rise - probably to 140f or more.

What "killed" our shingles was time.

It's the integral of heat over time.

My front shingles facing north still looked good after 25 years, when
my rear shingles facing south looked terrible. * I could only see the
roof from the front, or from the rear if I was up on a ladder.

Convection moves air from the soffit vents to the roof vents.- Hide quoted text -

family in the sun drenced phoenix report roofs dont last long there,
the sun bakes them out.

metal roofs arent common either cause they tend to warp.

ceramic tile roofs there are supposed to be the best and last a 100
years if properly installed to begin with