Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How To Cut Out A Door Hinge Recess W/O A Router

On Feb 25, 6:14*pm, Joe wrote:
On Feb 24, 9:35*pm, Ron wrote:

Had to replace a piece of a door jam that was rotted out, now I need
to cut out a hinge recess with rounded corners and I don't have a
router.

I have a Dremel, does Home Depot sell any kind of bit for this
purpose?

Any suggestions?

Simple. Find a piece of pipe, tubing, EMT, whatever, of the right (or
close) diameter. Sharpen the end on your grinder and you have a neat
round chisel for the corners.

Joe

Nope. The taper on the end would be backwards for a good job. You
would have gto sharpen the _inside_ of the tube for it to make a neat
fit.

Harry K