Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:44:50 -0800 (PST), marc rosen
wrote:

Hey All,
I stopped in my local (Baltimore) Woodcraft today and noticed
that all of the Festool items had their price obliterated. When I
asked if this was in anticipation of the March 1 price increase the
sales dude told me no, it was a Festool policy not to display their
prices. He related to me that there was one Festool vendor that had
its "license" to sell Festool revoked because they displayed prices.
He was not sure if that was another Woodcraft or a more independent
vendor.

The truth is probably that they were spending far too much time
cleaning poo off the floor in front of the green tool pricetags.
I know I just about **** every time I read one of their prices.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London