Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30447 Ignoramus30447 is offline

Default What I love about CNC

On 2011-02-26, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Ignoramus30447 wrote:
Is the same thing that I love about computers in general. I can
program a computer to do something that I want, automatically, and to
run unattended.

In the 80's Alvin Toffler made a PBS show (in 3 episodes I think) called The
Third Wave. His examples of the premature arrival of the future included a
Japanese man who made a living with a CNC machine in his home that made
parts for toys while he playd golf. It obviously wasn't his sole income,
but now instead of premature it looks like the future is running late.

I would like to retire, the sooner the better, and if I do, I would
like to supplement my income in this kind of manner.