Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default service box expansion

Jeff Thies wrote:

OK. I'm looking at this:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Siemens 200A 30 circuit. Are the breakers the same as my GE? I have some
memory of there being different styles. This mentions Instr-Wire, which
is unknown to me.

I was down at one of the builders surplus stores and they had a number
of used breaker boxes just laying around, some with breakers in them. I
don't mind buying used, but it's not so expensive new to be a big
factor. I'm willing to pay for less hassle.

Properly, you can only use the breakers that are listed on the label in
the panel.

There are also some "classified" breakers that have been tested to work
in other manufacturer's panels. I think, for example, Siemens makes
breakers for SquareD.

If this is going to be inspected you may have problems using breakers
other than that (it is an NEC violation).

I would not use 'previously owned' breakers becasue I don't know their
history.

--
bud--