Posted to alt.home.repair

Default service box expansion

On Feb 25, 10:04*am, zek wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:51*am, Jeff Thies wrote:

* *I'll be tackling the kitchen electric soon. The only place I use a
lot of electricity is in the kitchen. The service box has a 100 amp main
(never tripped) and is a TLM 612. Currently has the normal size breakers
in them.

* *What I was thinking was two 20A lines for the kitchen counter, and a
separate line for both the fridge and washer. Is that about right?

* *It looks to me that I have several options, I can put in the half
size breakers. Run a subpanel just for the kitchen, or put in a larger
service box. The stove is electric and I don't think they make half size
220 breakers, am I wrong?

* *If I put in a larger service box, I'll want to turn off the power.