Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30447 Ignoramus30447 is offline

Default Update on the "motorized knee" project

I made a knee dog clutch adaptor.

Unfortunately, I screwed up the first one, because I turned the shaft
doameter down too much (all too familiar story).

Had to make another one. It was a milling and drilling operation, then
more drilling on the lathe, then making a slot for the metric shaft
key.

The second one fits the gear motor just fine.

Pictures are here.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...ntrol-to-Knee/

I also put an encoder on the motor.

There is still a lot of work. First of all, it is possible that I made
some other mistake and need to redo something. Second, I need to put a
servo drive in, connect the encoders, and more importantly, do limit
and home switches correctly.