Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Toilet install question - UPDATE

yo wrote in news:84d3cf08-81da-4a10-ac48-7e869da24aa1
@f36g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

On Feb 23, 10:43 am, Evan wrote:
LOL... Lowe's isn't going to do anything about the install,
because you allowed the "technician" to leave after it was
completed...

Received a call from the production services manager earlier who said
that he had spoken to the store manager and they are crediting back my
charges, including a charge for changing out the supply valve.

I hadn't thought of taking a picture, but thanks to the request here
for photo verification by a skeptical earlier poster, I got even
sicker and began feeling like I was standing at the end of the other
gangplank on Noah's Arc getting prodded by three monkeys, three
gorillas and an unwitting donkey, so I jumped in and took the picture
to Lowe's so they could see what my money paid for. Though they
attempted to remain non-committal, the expressions on their faces were
all I needed to surmise that a refund would be forthcoming. I was
buoyed further by the encouraging nods of a priest, a nun and a rabbi
standing off to the side, though I did find the priest's glances a bit
discomforting.

Fortunately, feeling two micro-organisms shy of pneumonia, I had been
able to suppress the spontaneous combustion that typically results
from being plagued by having a fuse of somewhat abbreviated length,
with a result possibly better than had I not.

In any case, the search for a plumber follows to see where this goes
from here.

Thank you very much for all the...prodding.

Great! Worth the effort you put in. Now you have another bullet to add to
your resume.

- Communication skills of 3rd monkey on Noah's gangplank.

My guess is the "plumber" will be contacted by Lowe's. That will then
probably be his last contact from Lowe's.