Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Ferrari V12 Engine Asssembly

On Feb 24, 10:17*pm, wrote:
The foundries I have been around sort of looked like what you might
imagine Hell would look like. And they have generally been populated
by work crews......well.....guys you really wouldn't want to mess
with.
Dave-

When I was very young there were no other kids around and the only
place I was allowed outside the yard was the foundry next door, and
then only if I stayed out of the way which I did. So by age 5 I knew
how to screed and moisten green sand, tamp the cope and drag, add the
sprue and vent, carve changes not on the pattern by hand, melt and
pour aluminum and snag the casting.

jsw