Bridger

Default miter box - dual bevel - worth it?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:56:13 -0700,
wrote:

Yeah.. my initial thought is it's the same logic as having left-right
miter. It almost seems to logical to move left - right on both miter
and bevel.

What am I missing? Why would I not get dual bevel?

1) they're expensive

2) they're more complex mechanically. the motors have angle drives on
them, the pivots have longer throws, etc. it adds up to more to go
wrong and more places for slop and flex to show up.

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:13:33 GMT,
(Bruce) wrote:

In rec.woodworking
wrote:

The only dual bevel I've seen is the Dewalt 706?

Why is that? Is it just a novelty?

It keeps you from ever having to cut with your stock upside down, which is
nice. Anything to make compound cuts easier on your brain is a good thing.