Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Increase water pressure in old neighbor hood home

On Feb 23, 11:29*pm, Harry K wrote:
On Feb 23, 1:36*pm, " wrote:

On Feb 23, 2:39*pm, Harry K wrote:

On Feb 23, 4:14*am, Andy wrote:

On Feb 22, 10:24*pm, Harry K wrote:

On Feb 22, 7:05*pm, Andy wrote:

Is there a way to increase the water pressure in an older home ?

Home was built in 1955 using galvanized pipes.

It also has 2 water heaters, one supplies just the washing machine.

Thanks,
* * * * * * * Andy

Booster pump and tank. *Shouldn't run more than about $200.

Harry K

Thanks.

Your idea brought up an idea.

The pressure is only an issue with one shower.

Maybe a booster pump and tank for it?

No, if you have only an isolated problem, you find what the problem is
and fix that.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

a home full of old galvanized is not a isolated problem.

in such cases your better off replacing the lines on your schedule,
than waiting for the flood that will certinally come.

my best friend said I am a patient person, i dont care how long it
takes to fill the tub, a trickle doesnt bother me in the least

but after his 8 or 9th leak he began the all copper project

meanwhile the repeated water leaks did a good bit of damage to his
home.

PEX is great, cheap, easy to work with, no tees in walls etc. less
chance for leaks freeze tolerant..

flexible around obstructions.....

try it its great- Hide quoted text -

So he has low pressure in ONE run of pipe to a shower and it _isn't_
an isolated problem? *Weird.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

well my buddy who had the leaky galvanized lines said at first only
the bathroom is effected, probably because it was on the 2nd floor so
pressure and flow were a little less.

then the problem became more widespread, and the leaks began....

its altogheter possible the OP here has poor flow everywhere from
interior pipe rust but has adjusted, its now getting worse, and most
noiticeable at that one fixture