Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tax (was Ron Hickman dies)

Tim Watts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher ) wibbled on Thursday 24
February 2011 13:12:

Lucky you. The accountants bill for recovering £174 of tax deducted that
shouldn't be, was nearly £400.

My personal experience is that accountants are generally useless overpaid
******s

Luckily our tax return consists of "read P60" and "look at online bank
statements and tot up savings related interest, taxed at source".

Curiously, RBS have now made bank statements available online back to around
2003 which is quite a step forward for them...

Well this accountant has made me a lot more in the past so he is always
forgiven.

But next year I'll D-I-Y the bloody thing.