Posted to uk.d-i-y
docholliday docholliday is offline

Default radiator next to friedge freezer

On 2011-02-24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
* *"Pete" writes:
There is one slot in my kitchen to put a fridge/freezer and on the side of
it is a radiator.

Would turning the radiator on in the kitchen damage the fridge or cause it
to upset it thermostat or doodahs ?

Do you need the radiator in the kitchen?
Often the boiler, and the kitchen appliances,
mean that the kitchen radiator isn't necessary.

In 18 years in this house we've used the kitchen radiator once, during
the cold spell before Xmas. Otherwise I always wish for a better extraction
system, not more heating!

I was staying in some self-catering group accommodation last weekend.
There was a 'gas safety system' fitted which turned off the gas supply
if you did not have
both the generously sized extractor system and a 'supply fan' (400
x200 grille with a fan behind it blowing air from outside into the
kitchen) turned on. You needed a fleece and wooly hat to work in the
kitchen, even when the catering size oven was on!
Getting back on topic (sort of) - my parents had the fridge freezer
next to the free standing cooker with no very obvious problems - a
radiator behind might be more of a problem if you were using it but
I'd agree with the othe posters - my kitchen radiator has never been
turned on.
Mike