Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default TSP & Diswashing powder + UPDATE

On 2/24/2011 6:59 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In articlek5GdnRgOvdQmhPvQnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

Not slamming anyone who needs spiked DW detergents due to their habits
and/or local water peculiarities. Just saying that with the water I have
here, and my cheapy entry-level DW and lousy water pressure, liquid
Cascade (I think, the bottle is green) works fine. I only fill the
dispenser cup about 2/3 full, and don't use any rinse agents or
anything. I also keep 'auto dry' turned off, and just crack the door
after cycle ends. Perhaps baking the wet dishes is one thing that
promotes spots? Not curious enough to experiment.

Perhaps you're using an old bottle of Cascade, bought before the
phosphates were removed. The need for phosphate is not based on
"habits." It's based on the fact that phosphates are what does the
cleaning. We aren't talking about "spots."

I'll bet that's exactly what he's got. My son has a HUGE box of "pre
destruction" powder I'm thinking about stealing when he's not looking.

--
Steve Barker