Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Clay waste pipe

I've been rooting out my waste pipe. This is 6" clay pipe. This runs
out the side of my house, hangs a right and heads toward the backyard,
hangs another right and runs behind the house, another right and runs
along the other side of the house. Then it heads through a couple of
120' pine trees before it hits the city sewer. That is as far as I could
root it out. The rooter got stuck (electric eel with a bunch of 8
footers on it).

This brings up some questions, aside from why the huge detour.

I'll need to cut the drain pipe and run the snake back in before it
hits the pines. I'm thinking masonry wheel in my angle grinder.
Rectangular hole and patch it with a bit of screen and hydraulic cement.
Does that sound about right? How would I put a clean out in?

I've got rock salt and copper sulfate. I don't want to kill the pines
(because I'd have to take them down). Will I have to worry about that?

Jeff