Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default PTFE covered wire - how to strip off the PTFE?

For high temp applications. The type I have has 2 parts to the PTFE
insulation. The outer strips off easily with any old wire stripper, but
however new , gap limited cutters , will not cut the underlying PTFE.
Outer is double spiral wound PTFE sheet/ribbon I think, heated to lock
together to a certain extent. The inner is more fibrous in nature. Cutting
the remaining inner material , even difficult with a razor. The only
technique I've found, is remove the outer as normal , then .5mm grinding
disc in a Dremmel , only just touching, run all around and then pull off,
rarely cuts a wire strand . Other than some mega-buck NASA/Mil approved
cutter any other ideas?