Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TSP & Diswashing powder + UPDATE

On Feb 23, 6:54*pm, aemeijers wrote:
On 2/22/2011 9:22 PM, HeyBub wrote: mm wrote:

What is all this stuff about adding tsp anyhow? *Why? * Tri-sodium
phosphate? *I thought it was for walls.

Phosphates were removed from diswashing detergents last summer. Dishes are
not getting sparkling clean as a result. Food sticks to fork tines, flatware
is smoky dull, dried scum is abundant.

Adding a smidgen of TSP to the wash restores the luster, the gleam, the
other-worldy beauty to otherwise lifeless eating utensils and dishes.

It's a miracle.

Shrug. I rinse dishes before I stack them in the sink, and load/run the
dishwasher maybe once a week. I've never noticed any problems with
current-issue liquid dishwasher soap.

--
aem sends...

i stuff them in the machine as they get dirty and dont rinse.

why waste the water?