Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Peltiers

On 02/23/2011 09:10 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
How much real cooling can you get with the cheap peltiers you find for
sale on Ebay. My shop gets pretty hot in the summer, but its just not
practical to keep my controller computers in the office. I was
thinking about making mini duct/shrouds to draw air over the cold side
of a peltier into the PC cases.

Darn. I had an apartment size fridge from my old office that would have
been perfect for 3-4 mini tower computers. Unfortunately when I built my
big shop and moved into it I put a big fridge in the shop and gave the
little one to my dad for his shop. Now how to talk him out of it. LOL. I
guess I'll just have to go drink all his beer and then explain that
since he doesn't have anything in it he really doesn't need it anymore.

You can't find a cheap fridge in Craigslist?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services