Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for a whatsit

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:07:46 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:16:08 -0800,
wrote:

steamer wrote:
--I'm going to build a rotary surface that's being turned by one of
those worm drive windshield wiper motors. What I need are some supports for
the surface so that it won't sag when there's a load on it. What I'm looking
for are those things that have a short threaded rod with a clevis that holds
a bearing on one end. I could make 'em but I'm thinking they're probably
available from someone's catalog if I only knew what they were called.
Anyone got an answer?
--Thx,

Rod End?
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=rod+end&aq=f &aqi=g6g-m4&aql=&oq=

Most of those are actually Heim joints.

That'll be what I learned today.
Turns out Steamer just wanted casters anyway.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-5-8-eighth-inch-x-7-8-eighth-inch-light-duty-rigid-caster-41512.html

That'll be what I learned today. Judging by the Wanted text, I'da
never guess tit.

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and