Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Tax (was Ron Hickman dies)

"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
tim.... wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...

For next tax year the highest marginal tax rate will be 65.8%.

Next year the highest marginal tax rate will be in excess of 200,000%.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to work out how.

Since 200 kilopercent is a silly rate, I presume you have identified
some income threshold the crossing of which involves a sudden increase
in taxation of over £2000, and since tax is assessed on whole pounds
only, that increase in taxation would be attributed to an income
increase of just one pound. Technically that is indeed a huge marginal
rate, but of course it applies to an income band only one pound wide.

Yes, but it is the removal of a benefit, not an actual tax payment that is
triggered. But to the man in the street that is the same thing.