Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Rotten Floor's and abestos siding

On 2/22/2011 6:46 PM, Evan wrote:
On Feb 21, 4:40 pm, Steve wrote:
On 2/21/2011 3:32 PM, Bob F wrote: Steve Barker wrote:
you knowingly bought a hose TWO years ago that has asbestos
siding?!!!!!! Don't tell us inspector didn't note that!

Lots of houses have asbestos siding. What's the problem with that? It doesn't
even require special treatment to remove

I couldn't say that's true where I live. In fact, I've been told otherwise by
someone who owns a house with that siding.

well they were wrong. There's literally scores of them in the town i'm
in, and the city inspector/codes guy says as long as i don't grind it
off, they could care less about disposal of it.

--
Steve Barker

Well your LOCAL inspectors are flat out wrong and/or ignorant...

Disposal of asbestos containing materials is regulated by the
US Department of Environmental Protection... So don't take
the local yokel's word on that one...

Don't try to remove it yourself, as you are not licensed to
properly dispose of it and therefore you would have nowhere
to take such toxic waste... You need to read up on the
federal Clean Air Act and the Toxic Substances Control Act
which dictate the need to be licensed in order to remove
Asbestos and what protective procedures must be carried
out while removing it and how it must be packaged for
disposal...

Knowingly removing asbestos improperly is federal criminal
offense...

~~ Evan

LMAO! you need to get out more often. Non friable asbestos is no more
a hazard than brick.

--
Steve Barker