Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Doonesbury

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
In general, the required change is the admission that you are an Addict.
I drank heavily from 18 to 23

So did I at the same age for several years. Every weekend, I'd have some
friends over and I'd drink two bottles of cheap wine during a card game.
After I moved out and was on my own with most of us going our different
ways, I drank very little after that. I think it was just the social
aspect of it that brought on the drinking.

time. I can take a drink any time I want and have no problems refusing
the second. If I smoke ONE cigarette, I NEED a carton.

Fortunately, I never had that problem. The ten years I smoked and then
quit had no noticeable addictive properties attached at all. Ten years
later when I was in the hospital for three months, I held the cigarette
for a quadraplegic acquaintence and the smell of the nicotine on my
fingers afterwards almost made me gag.

I can smell it when somebody lights up half a block away or even if a smoker
preceded me into a store. If I get in the actual second hand smoke, I start
having allergy symptoms.
--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?