Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Turning thin disks on lathe

On Feb 22, 5:18*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I was recently asking about parts for the lead screw clutch on a 12 x 36
Atlas. *Sunworshipper replied the dimensions and I made the main part.
I ordered the 4 simple and cheap parts from Clausing*, but they sent 2
of the wrong ones. *So I think that I'll make those. *They are .030
steel, 3/4" ID, 1-1/4" OD.

I'm thinking that I'll chuck up a small hunk of aluminum & super-glue
the .030 stock to it. *Then turn the ID & OD, in that order. *Does that
sound doable? *Would double sided tape work better that super-glue?

Thanks,
Bob

Do you have a slitting saw arbor that could hold them to turn the OD?

jsw