Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Winterizing in the north

On Feb 22, 11:12*am, LSMFT wrote:
Closing a house in the northeast next winter. I will shut off the heat.
I know I have to drain the plumbing, baseboard up stairs and put rv
fluid in the drains. What about the boiler in the basement? Will the
basement in an unheated house freeze? It gets 20 below zero here but the
basement is tight and normally 72 degrees with the heat on. The washer
is also in the basement. So what do others do in the north?

--
LSMFT

Force ****s upon the Back of Reason...
Ben Franklin-

Call your fuel supplier for procedures concerning the boiler. Follow
their instructions. Remove the washer and put it in heated storage or
follow manufacturers instructions for leaving in place. Otherwise you
should be good to go. Usual notification of authorities is wise, ask
neighbors to check occasionally. Shut off utilities to site,

Joe