Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cordless phone woes

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:
Consensus is clearly the base antenna issue, which surprises me, but for
now all of the handsets work. I actually took a closer look at the base
and found that it has *two* identical antennas, one on each side, so I
gave the second one a twist, two. It was hiding under something and I
had forgotten about it.

Likely a form of diversity reception. If one aerial is in a null, the
other hopefully isn't. However, it usually only stops signal interruption
when moving etc rather than the overall sensitivity.

--
*If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.