Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default regrind mill table

My CNC mill is gettin' tired. It's got 11 thou backlash in X which is
a ton on a CNC machine. I've only lived with it for 15 years. Now, I
need parts it just isn't going to make.

Anyway, I bought an identical mill for parts a while back. I spent
yesterday tearing it down. The table on this mill may be just slightly
better. X Ball screw didn't look at all good though. I'll spend today
taking the Y axis apart. Knee in a couple days. Then I'll do the same
on the shop mill and pick out the best parts.

Anyway, does somebody know a vendor to send the table and saddle out
for regrind? Same question to refurbish the ball screws? Preferably
kind of near the Twin Cities. I'm hoping this isn't a break the bank
cost job.