Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Peltiers

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
How much real cooling can you get with the cheap peltiers you find for
sale on Ebay. My shop gets pretty hot in the summer, but its just not
practical to keep my controller computers in the office. I was
thinking about making mini duct/shrouds to draw air over the cold side
of a peltier into the PC cases.

I've used them quite a bit, cooling optics, built a small environmental
chamber etc. Without qualifying it with numbers I'd say you would be
wasting your time trying to use peltiers to cool air for your pcs. Would
using a very small thru wall compressor aircon unit be possible? They are
quite inexpensive.

My shop is 3000 square feet. About the only thing I can think of might be
to use an equipment cabinet and a small AC unit on it. Seems pretty
inefficient.