Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Setting compound for 30 minute angle?

Louis Ohland wrote:

On 2/21/2011 19:40, Pete C. wrote:

I think you should be looking for a tapered reamer.

Uh, yeah. Tapered end mills seem to be the only game in town, however.
The tapered reamers that I've seen are rated in inch/foot tapers.
Looking at Machinery's Handbook, the tapers are way too large.

Perchance a vernier protractor, dunno.

The compound isn't intended for cutting accurate shallow tapers, that is
why taper attachments for lathes exist. You will likely have to go by
trial and error, test cutting some scrap and test fitting until you find
the correct setting.