Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Update - 24V Lead Acid Battery Charger Control Module PCB Recommendations

Wild_Bill wrote:
I should've realized I'd leave out details since the post was composed
quickly.

The charger consists of a ferro-resonant transformer (third xfmr winding
wound over the xfmr secondary and 2uF AC capacitor), and a full wave
rectifier (2 diodes).

A relay handles the begin/stop-off control (xfmr primary energize/off), and
the charger has no high current components (other than the diodes).

I don't see what takes care of the 24V voltage regulation.

that ferroresonant transformer does the voltage regulation- no joke
either. That's what the really weird core or shunts and extra winding with
the capacitor are for.